Installs, assembles, maintains, and repairs mechanical piping systems which include threading, fitting, insulation and bending. You will ensure all parts fit correctly and are suitable for the final product. You will use your hands or machines to do the job with great precision. Ability to read instructions represented in blueprints, manuals, schematics, etc., and follow them with precision is extremely important. The goal is to produce complex outputs by putting together smaller components.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect all material and equipment needed to begin the process of assembling material.
- Align material and put together parts to build more complex units
- Pipe threading, fitting, and bending
- Bending and installation of stainless steel and copper tubing
- Structural welding of plate steel
- Sheet metal work
- Insulation installation
- Hydro-testing of production equipment
- Final testing of all equipment manufactured
- Locate and repair issues with Hydro-testing system/testing.
- Report all issues, malfunction, or defective parts.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations as set forth by PESCO and PESCO’s customers.
- Follow all company polices.
- Lifting 70 lbs. from floor to waist
- Lifting 45 lbs. from waist to shoulder
- Lift 50 lbs. over head
- Lift, carrying, pushing and/or pulling 70 lbs.
- Bending 20 times or more per day
- Hold or carry 10 lbs. 67% – 100% of the time.
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces.
- Able to fit into tight spaces.
- Conduct strenuous and physically demanding tasks for long.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and ability requirements)
- Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. Maintain friendly, helpful attitude towards employees, customers, and visitors. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Reading Blueprints and Drawings to understand or plan the layout of piping system.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of quality control principles
- Ability to use tools (e.g. Wrench) and machines (e.g. threader)
- Ability to prioritize and maintain strong attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
- High School Diploma: higher degree from a technical school will be appreciated.
Standard Working Hours and Conditions
6:30 am to 4:00 pm (subject to change due to production needs)
Monday – Friday (some weekends – varies per production)
CLICK TO APPLY NOW